The Construction Information Service database is a vital resource for all the subjects in the School of the Built Environment. The database, with thousands of documents covering construction, civil and structural engineering, building services, planning, transport and housing amongst others, is updated regularly with new documents. The documents range from British Standards, research reports and text books from hundreds of different publishers, legislation, and articles from the Architect’s Journal. The latest update includes the following useful publications:
- UK Transport Policy – update (2008-2010) (TRL)
- Transport information and the Internet – update (2007-2010) (TRL)
- A short guide to consumer rights in construction contracts (RIBA)
- Beach management manual (CIRIA)
- Automatic fire detection and alarm systems (BRE)
Sign up for the CIS monthly newsletter to keep up to date with the latest developments.
Construction Information Service is available to all registered University of Ulster users via the Portal.
Tags: architecture, British Standards, civil engineering, construction management, database news, eBooks, environmental engineering, Environmental Health, fire, housing, planning, property, quantity surveying, structural engineering, surveying, Sustainability, transport